How To Find IP Address On MAC
In this article i would like to share to you how to find IP address on Mac. The mac that i’m talking about is not mac address, but Macintosh Operating system. Macintosh is known as the most stable Operating System. And how to find IP Address on this OS? let’s take a look at the following article.
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two principal functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing. Its role has been characterized as follows: “A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how to get there.
People usualy use an IP Address to join a network or file sharing. Also, IP address can be use for remote desktop. So, how do we find IP Address on MAC OS X? Here is the tutorial/step by step :
- On MAC OS X desktop, click the apple icon at top left screen, and then click preferences (See image below) :
- Then system preferences window will showed up, click network :
- On network window, click the prefered interface and then click configure :
- Then the network configuration window will show up. There you can find information about your network (IP Address, Subnetmask, and Gateway) :
That’s it how to find IP Address on MAC OS X Operating system. There is another way how to find IP Address on MAC OS through Terminal. And here is step by step how to do it:
- Open Your terminal through utilities on preferences windows.
- At terminal window, type ifconfig :
- Usually the name of network interface is en0, en1, and so on. As you can see at the image above the ip address is 192.168.0.10
That is all how to find IP Address on MAC. Hope this article is usefull for you.